Tuesday 24 November 2009

Science (pt.2 of Task 6)

After a delicous Christmas feast at he V&A we headed to the science museum, now I was quite excited for that since the service/product from the RSA that me ad Asli are working on involves a technologic approach with interactive Media. So no questions asked the first place we headed to was to the Future, in the third floor. There were these huge tables with projections on it which at first was very interesting but thinking about it, I don't think that would be exactly the type of interactive media that we would use, many reasons why not, first it needs to be very dark so you can see the projections, the other is that it worked very similar like a computer mouse on a big screen. But it was still funny to play a silly game on it.
The other thing I was very impressed at the science museum was the airplanes section, it really makes me wonder how fast technology is moving and what now is new probably not in a very distant future will be material for museum, scary!
I think it might be fair to say that my favourite place that we visited was the Darwin centre, aka The Cocoon. Situated inside the Natural history museum its architecture is already breathtaking and I was dying to touch those walls they seem so immaculate so well finished, amazing! Well that was only the beginning before entering the Cocoon we had a short tutorial on how to use this card they gave us that by scanning the barcode that is on the card you can save the content and view it later on your own time.
it was there where I saw what would probably be the best technical solution for our RSA project. It was a table where you could touch anywhere and drag those things into a bag. To be honest the content of it didn't really interest me much, but the technology on the other hand was amazing. As I see there is this projector on the celling which is full of infra reds and that captures the touch on the table which is also sensitive.

The place wasn't very dark at all, so the only concern I have with this is the shadow that is caused by the projector. apart from that this is definitely the best technology for Mood Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment